Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimkh
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Panasonic G5, Where's the full review?
Jan 5, 2013

The G5 Preview was published in July. Here we are 5+ months since and no Full Review. The camera was available in August when I got mine. To me it was a major upgrade to the G3 covering all the things I didn't like about that camera (too small, no automatic shift between LCD and EVF, general "fiddle-liness") in fact I go to it more often than the supposedly higher level GH2.

So what's the problem? Did it do so well in testing that it defied belief so it had to be re-tested? Or the reverse, so badly that it needed retesting and on and on.

I have to wonder if DPReview's focus has shifted too much away from it's original mission, camera testing and reviews. The seemingly over-emphasis on needless changes to format could be getting in the way.

Inquiring minds want to know.

-- hide signature --

Jim

jimkh's gear list:jimkh's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow