How to run both RAW and JPEG populations of same shots and keep them synchronized

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HEWCanon
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
How to run both RAW and JPEG populations of same shots and keep them synchronized
Jan 5, 2013

My main problem is that I do everything on RAW files in Lightroom then export to JPEG’s which I then work on further on an ad-hoc basis ..  so I may change the cropping or the rating or the keywords etc for a certain use

I end up with two progressively different populations of files and that is something that I have not philosophically or organisationally managed to solve yet ..

What do you people do .. do you keep all on Lightroom, do you just work on RAW, or do you somehow synchronize the files ..

My file naming is standard .. all files at import are renamed yyymmdd_photoname and JPEG's have the same name as RAW except for extension i.e. NEF and JPG for example and PSD's same with PSD extension and they are also in Lightroom with the RAW files but only very few of them ..

I also keep all the files under the year Photos_yyyy/yyyymmdd and then photos as above yyyymmdd_photoname .. all are in Lightroom in one catalog for ease of use and conveience

HEWCanon's gear list:HEWCanon's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow