Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
jmiller1948
Contributing MemberPosts: 720Gear list
Like?
Best of Both
In reply to Tommot1965, Jan 5, 2013

Tommot1965 wrote:

OP

yes the D700 is still a relevant camera and still produces outstanding images..but the D800 is a better camera as it offers you more options with your shooting..and in Dx crop mode or 1.2 crop you can still get 6 FPS with AA batterys in the grip , also in the crop modes you still have either a 15 MB raw or a 20 something raw...the live view of the D800 is also much better and something i now use..when I had the D700 i hardly ever used the live view..AF between the two is very similar ..the D800 files are different to my D700 images.. there's just more detail and more DR ..also it allows a better latitude for rescuing a image from a under or over exposure..

as individual needs differ, only you can answer if the extra expense of the D800 is worth it for you and your photography

im certainly not knocking the D700, as its a fine tool still..and I wish I could have kept mine alongside the d800...but for me its a hobby so finances wont allow it and the D800 is everything i want or need at this point in my photography

When I finally got my D800 I DID keep my D700 also.  It is definitely still a superb machine.  I had wanted two bodies for a while, so adding the D800 put me in the position of having two of the best bodies around.  Just a hobby for me too, but I don't have any other vices!  (Well, maybe having expensive fly rods)

-- hide signature --

Joel
There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
Ernst Haas

jmiller1948's gear list:jmiller1948's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow