Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Curtis Khan
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Rant on Sony's shipping policies to overseas customers
Jan 5, 2013

This was posted in the wrong forum earlier.

Happy New Year to all,

Forgive me for venting and I will immediately apologise if my rant is all oveer the place but I need to vent. I am a Sony User and I live in Trinidad in the West Indies. I have been a user since the days of the Minolta 5D (actually from the Minolta X-700.) Yes, I am a bit of a gear head I own the following: a100,a500,a700,a900,a33,a55,a99 and a KM7D. I also own a Nex 5n and the RX-100. Yes I use all of them. The 100 and the a33 are converted to infrared. Enough preamble:

I received an email from Sony stating a 25% discount on the HVL 60 flash and thought this was too good to pass up, would be good with the newly acquired a99. So I placed my order and used my skybox adddress in Miami as my shipping address. All is well. Order confirmed etc.etc.

This special is only available at Sony stores or else I would have happily purchased at B&H or Adorama since Sony products are not available in Triinidad.

About half hour later I get and email stating that my order was cancelled because Sony doesn't ship to freight forwarders. If I provide a house address to them they will ship it there.

I call them up and after being spoken to and put on hold for close to an hour (remember this is a long distance call,) I am given another number to call. I do so and wait another half hour or so. When i am finally connected to a human voice he asks "who gave you this number?" and dismisses anything I had to say and placed me on hold never to return. What a way to treat a customer!

This leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth as a loyal Sony user who has converted quite a few people to use Sony. I am the photographer to our President and therefore a fairly high profile user.

Does anyone know why Sony changed its policy on shipping to skyboxes?

Thanks for allowing me this rant. I could gon on and on but this is already too much reading.

Curtis

Curtis Khan's gear list:Curtis Khan's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 +24 more
Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow