Rant on Sony's shipping policies to overseas customers

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Curtis Khan
Curtis Khan Contributing Member • Posts: 916
Rant on Sony's shipping policies to overseas customers

This was posted in the wrong forum earlier.

Happy New Year to all,

Forgive me for venting and I will immediately apologise if my rant is all oveer the place but I need to vent. I am a Sony User and I live in Trinidad in the West Indies. I have been a user since the days of the Minolta 5D (actually from the Minolta X-700.) Yes, I am a bit of a gear head I own the following: a100,a500,a700,a900,a33,a55,a99 and a KM7D. I also own a Nex 5n and the RX-100. Yes I use all of them. The 100 and the a33 are converted to infrared. Enough preamble:

I received an email from Sony stating a 25% discount on the HVL 60 flash and thought this was too good to pass up, would be good with the newly acquired a99. So I placed my order and used my skybox adddress in Miami as my shipping address. All is well. Order confirmed etc.etc.

This special is only available at Sony stores or else I would have happily purchased at B&H or Adorama since Sony products are not available in Triinidad.

About half hour later I get and email stating that my order was cancelled because Sony doesn't ship to freight forwarders. If I provide a house address to them they will ship it there.

I call them up and after being spoken to and put on hold for close to an hour (remember this is a long distance call,) I am given another number to call. I do so and wait another half hour or so. When i am finally connected to a human voice he asks "who gave you this number?" and dismisses anything I had to say and placed me on hold never to return. What a way to treat a customer!

This leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth as a loyal Sony user who has converted quite a few people to use Sony. I am the photographer to our President and therefore a fairly high profile user.

Does anyone know why Sony changed its policy on shipping to skyboxes?

Thanks for allowing me this rant. I could gon on and on but this is already too much reading.

Curtis

Curtis Khan's gear list:Curtis Khan's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A99 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a6000 +31 more
Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow