Is there a micro 4/3 to 4/3 adapter plus a E-1 flash question

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,673Gear list
Like?
Re: You're asking the impossible for both questions...
In reply to Mike_PEAT, Jan 5, 2013

You can use wireless flash triggers with the E-1. It's shooting all manual, but that's cool with me. I don't like the line of sight that you have to have with the built in wireless. It's a pain and in my experience is too limiting.  I have Cactus 5 triggers that I really like. They are a class act for the money.

Yeah, sorry about the lenses. You can use 4/3rds lenses on micro, but not the other way around. I'd say pick up some legacy glass for your E-1 and keep it as a fun alternative. I have a few gems that I use on my DSLR and mirrorless. The cheapest is the Tamron 35-80mm f2.8-3.8. What a great lens. I also really like my Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 macro which is the same size and quality feel of the 35-80mm. They are both adapall 2, so it's handy to share adapters. I also have a Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 + 1.4x + 2.0x. It's a nice set. Buying lenses like these are inexpensive and you can use on both formats. I plan on keeping all of these if I ever move to mirrorless as my primary system.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow