Sony does it again... no true international Apps support !

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
nosnoop
Senior MemberPosts: 1,691
Like?
Re: Sony does it again... no true international Apps support !
In reply to Megadark, Jan 5, 2013

Megadark wrote:

Please get your facts right. The Nex-6 is sold in my country. There was no mention of lack of support. This is the link to the manual.
http://support.sony-asia.com.edgesuite.net/consumer/IM/4437008111.pdf

Check pages 32, 218, 219 and 221.

The User Manual is not advertisement. Sony uses the same manual ("Handbook") for all the markets. The key point is whether they advertise the feature as being available in your country or not (e.g. brochure or web site; user manual for all markets does not count). In your case, I don't think they did.   No mention of lack of support does not mean being that it would supported!   On the contrary, unless it is specifically stated in the specs or features lists, I would assume that it is not available until proven otherwise.  This applies to all other features and functions too.

And please read Page 24 in the pdf link you provided above:

NOTES:

• The application downloading function may not be available in some countries/regions.

I understand your frustration, I would like to have all the features available too.

But unfortunately, the matter of fact is that they don't roll out all features to all countries at the same time. Sony is making money in this App downloading business, I would think that they would want to make it available to as wide an audience as possible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow