Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff in Va
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Re: Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista
In reply to kcbeatty, Jan 5, 2013

Not surprising.  It was worthwhile for my XP laptop, but see no reason to upgrade my desktop which has Windows 7.  It runs smoothly and I like the idea that no matter what I am doing I can bailout by hitting the windows key.

It has been fun to explore the app store, the only app I have kept so far is Pandora, mainly cause it is pretty.  I assume with time there will be some worth having or maybe even paying for.

It seems bug free and did a great job of loading new drivers etc for my Dell 630 laptop.  I would recommend it for any XP system that qualifies.  For 7 systems don't see much point.

Things I don't like compared to 7

1.  File History does not backup Office outlook email pst file.  Yes, you can use the Windows 7 back up via restore.

2. New search interface does not do Office outlook email.  Yes I know how to do it with file explorer but why not include as part of Metro search.  Lots of folk use Office at home.  They really seam to be pushing folks to use their metro outlook app.  Kinda confusing to choose the same name.

-- hide signature --

Jeff now retired

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow