Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michaels7
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: Manufacturer vs Measured ISO
In reply to Michel J, Jan 5, 2013

Michel J wrote:

kvken wrote:

Well this explains a lot. When DXO posted their high iso score of 1800 and some change. there was an uproar. Everyone thought it was too low we had great examples of 3200 iso pictures that were great. We now know that we were all talking about the same point 1800+ iso.

Its becoming clear that the translucent mirror is costing us more than a thrid of a stop maybe a whole stop. To me this is more disappointing news. this in my mind brings to question the results of all the other reviews how many of them was talking about actual iso when they gave their high iso scores. Most all the reviews were leaning towards 3200 as the point when the 99 started to drop off. Again confirming DXO's rating

Can someone check this. Maybe a 77 and a 99 with the same lens with the 77 at 2000 iso ( according to DXO should be in the 1700's) and the 99 at 3200 iso. Check and see if the fstop and the stutter are close to each other at those iso's

Sorry, but I don't care of that anymore. Because like all professionnal photographers I'm trying to stick not so far as native sensitivity, according to all benefits that this can provide! So, no disappointment here. Btw, despite to the supposed translusent factor, all results in high ISO looks like as good as the Nikon D600 what have an OVF. So what?

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Well said. My A99 and work speak for itself. I have no complaints. Period.

Michaels7's gear list:Michaels7's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow