Debating getting an A57 (Yay or Nay?)

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
camperbc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,014
Like?
Re: Debating getting an A57 (Yay or Nay?)
In reply to camperbc, Jan 5, 2013

Well, it's now official! I have just ordered a new A57 for only $500 Canadian. I hope it will give me as much enjoyment as I still get from my trusty A200, A500 and A550; all outstanding cameras. Although I am also a vintage camera enthusiast, and have recently begun developing my own film again, (first time in 35 years!) I love my Alphas too. Best of both worlds!

I have been reading some comments that state the A57's performance is great up to only about ISO 800-1600, which is bit odd to me, (and I must say a little worrisome) as I frequently shoot my A500/A550 at ISO 3200 (and even a few times at ISO 6400) quite cleanly, with very little noise visible when printed at 8X10. Does this mean that the A57 is actually a step backwards from the A500/A550 when it comes to high-ISO capability, or can I in fact expect at least as good low light performance from the A57?

Thanking you all in advance for any and all input you can provide regarding the A57.

Beespeckled, stay tuned for more fisheye captures coming soon!

Glen
FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow