Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HarryPutnam
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
Low light video with A65 not so good
Jan 5, 2013

Before bad mouthing my new A65 I'll admit I am mostly a rank novice and really bought this great camera for still photography... I really love the big beautiful and detailed still images it creates.  But, whereas at first I handn't given much of a thought about video... now that I have that capability in one camera.... I'd like to be able to shoot better in low light.

Am I right in thinking that the Translucent mirror sucking up 1/3 of the light means the slts start with one strike against them? (I mean only on the video performance) Or is it really just that I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to technique?

Video is really quite a secondary concern in this but since I now have seen how convenient it is to have still and video in one camera... I'd like to have much better low light performance.

I've attempted in low light indoor settings just on the spur of the moment and discovered I was not able to shoot at all... at least not well enough to enjoy the playback.  This was in a dimly lit room, but it had 60 watt lights on here and there.

My only previous experience with video is with a sony VX2100 which performs really well in poor light.. but of course it is oldschool and lacks the modern HD capability it's SD (720x480) only.

I'd like to hear what people think is the top low light performer among modern dslr/slt type cameras?

Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow