Software For Time Lapse To Video

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
janpenguin
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: Software For Time Lapse To Video
In reply to schorsch68, Jan 5, 2013

Most of time creating a time lapse video takes less than half hour to forty minutes. I adjust frame rate depending on total number of images from four fps to twenty fps. Few thousands of images can be packed into two minutes of video.

I exclusively use free/open source software to create time lapse video on Debian GNU/Linux PC: GIMP, ImageMagick, ffmpeg, VLC media player.

GIMP: To analysis images for selecting crop resolution, basic color adjustment, i.e bright and contrast, color level.

ImageMagick: Mostly run 'convert' over the original image files to create images for the time lapse video. I use a script file that contains image manipulation options.

ffmpeg: Use it to create MP4 or FLV file. I use a script file that contains options of ffmpeg.

VLC media player: Inspect video files.

The downside is until getting familiar with above software, the end user need to invest some hours to learn them.

janpenguin's gear list:janpenguin's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Nikon D200 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow