Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MonteCarlo67
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
First impressions of new X-Pro 1 & 18-55mm
Jan 4, 2013

Just wanted to post a few first impressions of this combo. I have to admit, I am impressed! light yet well made. Shutter sound is awesome:-) Lens is sharper than the Canon 17-40mm L that I recently sold. Feels great to use an aperture ring again! LCD is very nice. My early testing with noise reduction turned off shows such a drastic difference from the 7D that I can't even explain it! The X-Pro 1 slaughters the 7D for noise. Coming from a Canon 7D that was overkill for me in terms of size & speed (I don't shoot, sports, running kids or birds in flight) I think this is just about right for me. The EVF and the many reports of poor AF had me on edge. I am happy to say the EVF is very nice and I think I will get used to it very fast (never used one before). As for the AF, well, it can't match the 7D for speed but it is not even close to being as bad as I was expecting. Really, for my style of shooting I doubt it will ever be an issue. And the accuracy so far has been great with the low light testing I've tried. The lens seems wonderfully sharp! I can't wait to pick up the 35mm just to see how much sharper it can be. I decided to jump ship from Canon because the price of the full frame cameras and "L" lenses are just out of my reach (Nikon is no better). I think this Fuji X system and me are going to get along great in terms of features, usability, photo quality and price:-)

MonteCarlo67's gear list:MonteCarlo67's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +1 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow