OT: iPad "Sales"

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
saudidave
Regular MemberPosts: 465Gear list
Like?
Re: OT: iPad "Sales"
In reply to Sactojim, Jan 4, 2013

Sactojim wrote:

Unless a big Apple fan, you could consider a laptop. I have a ipad2 and while it's very good for viewing pics, trying to do any work that entails using the keyboard becomes tedious..as in I hate it. I am using my 15" Dell XPS more and more for travel, business, and photo display/editing. The ipad has a beautiful screen, but there are laptops that will match the resolution. Pluses for the ipad are very good battery life and size/weight (but I really prefer my 15" laptop for viewing). Downsides of the ipad are the touch keyboard and I grew to dislike the way everything has to be run through itunes. That said, it's a very solid device. Lots of Apple refurbished are available too. Another dislike with the ipad is one needs a good support stand..it's annoying to use without one vs a laptop that can be adjusted to suit your best viewing angle.

Another tablet to consider is the Samsung Galaxy..less expensive than the ipad3 (and certainly 4) and fitted with great specs. Another thought is a Apple 13" MacBook Air notebook which runs about $1200., but is a definite upgrade compared to the ipad. For full functionality and ease of use on a substantially bigger screen, a laptop in either Apple or Windows o/s is my choice. But your needs may differ. Time for a BestBuy visit!

Absolutely bang on. I couldn't agree more.(particularly regarding itunes which is rubbish)

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow