Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ray-ray
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: P7700 Wireless remote shutter question
In reply to mallbuedel, Jan 4, 2013

mallbuedel wrote:

Steinhansel wrote:

I have the Nikon wireless remote and it works very well for my purposes.

The shutter can also be activated with the remote by aiming at the rear of the camera, a useful and undocumented feature.

Are you sure? But you you will have used it. Where is the infrared sensor on the rear-side of the P7700 located? On the drawing on page 20 of the manual ithere is no sensor indicated. On my P7100 it's between the menue button and the Rotary Multi Selector and labeled as number 18 on page 21 of the manual.

The Nikon wireless remote for my D80 triggers my P7700.  I also have the Amazon branded wireless remote and it actually works better than the HP.  Costs about ½ the price of the HP remote tool.  The Amazon branded remote definitely has a stronger signal.  The IR is located on the front of the D80 and P7700, but I can bounce the signal off the wall or ceiling when standing behind the camera and it triggers 99.8% of the time. With the Nikon remote it's only about 50%.

ray-ray's gear list:ray-ray's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-450 Nikon D5100 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow