Pentax User - Questions re: OM-D

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
lester11
Regular MemberPosts: 390Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax User - Questions re: OM-D
In reply to windriver, Jan 4, 2013

windriver wrote:
Which Panasonic would be about the same size as the OM-D and have a good viewfinder? Is it the same sensor? How do JPEG colors compare?

I'm looking for small, light, precise focusing, and as good image quality from the MFT as is currently possible if I leave Pentax.

Sorry to jump in here...  Was assuming you run the K-5 because weather-proofing is a factor in your landscape photography.  You don't get weather-proofing in mft, apart(*) from the OM-D E-M5, two Oly mft lenses, and (all) the Oly 4/3 HG and SHG lenses.

(*) Panny's new GH3 and its kit lens is weather-proofed, but there are no other Panny mft weather-proofed lenses.  And the GH3 is no longer mft size, its like an APS-C body;  like the K-5, actually...

If you don't want weather-proofing, then the Panny kit is in general rather good, I ran the G1, G2, GH1, GH2, and G3 bodies very happily, and their lenses generally do the job as well.

But I've found the IQ of the E-M5 to be visibly superior to the Pannys I've used, no contest there.

-- hide signature --

Lester

lester11's gear list:lester11's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow