Veteran MemberPosts: 3,203
Like?
Re: V2 sample photos from DPR
In reply to jonikon, Jan 4, 2013

jonikon wrote:

moog66 wrote:

rayman 2 wrote:

moog66 wrote:

Peter, it seems you are responding to Jon's post without first reading it. A poor lens will give poor results in front of any camera. Jon was kind when he described the 10-30 as mediocre. I would have chosen different words. Yes, the 18-55 DX kit lens is much better, but still not as good as the 18.5 f/1.8 prime for N1. So your "incredibly better image quality" comment is a bit too broad to be meaningful.

The reason the V2 doesnt perform better is due to the camera and not the lens....

We'll have to agree to disagree here. Most of those example image are soft and flat looking. This is down to lens choice more than anything else. As such I don't think they provide a particularly meaningful test of V2 and its limitations and its comparison to V1 and other small camera bodies.

I tend to agree with moog66. If a difference between the 10MP and 14MP sensor will prove to be discernible, it will be with a lens with greater sharpness and better micro-contrast than the 10-30mm can provide.

- Jon

Thats a widespread misunderstanding of optics.....

If yaour  camera is better then the other one you will see about the same improvemnt with

the same lens...

lenses are not like brick walls where you hit a certain quality level and it doesnt go over that because the lens quality limits...

Thats a myth that gets carried on here...

with more resolution in the camera body you do get more resolution with the same lens......

A lens on a D700 shows a lot less resolution then on a D800....

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow