Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
moog66
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: V2 sample photos from DPR
In reply to David H Dennis, Jan 4, 2013

David H Dennis wrote:

gl2k wrote:

The ISO 800 image quality is barely beyond P&S quality level. (sitting woman with glasses) Maybe RAW developed in NX2 looks better. But for me this is way below what I find acceptable. Probably using a fast prime and the VR system would help in some situations but even then it's not my cup of tea.

The woman with glasses is not the subject of that image; the flower is. The flower looks like it's in excellent focus, with the woman in glasses slightly blurred.

Agreed. Although I wouldn't call the flower tack-sharp, that wasn't the best example. Look at bb_DSC_0229 or bb_DSC_0239 and tell me which parts are supposed to be in focus and are sharp.

That being said, it seems to me those images could have been taken just fine with the V1, so I'm satisfied with my $399 V1 kit purchase (with 10-30 and 30-110 lenses) from B&H. I think the V2 is going to be an awfully hard sell as long as the V1 is still at close to closeout pricing.

Agreed with that, although I think the V2 will become cheaper over the next few months.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow