Is Panny G5 JPEG color as good as Oly color now, particularly skin tones?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,712Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Panny G5 JPEG color as good as Oly color now, particularly skin tones?
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Jan 4, 2013

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

ADSinger wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

ADSinger wrote:

This is a way over analyzed topic in my opinion.

Frankly, I would have to disagree. Most users use JPEG color .... Only a small proportion of users process RAW files in Lightroom

Holy cow! I was not aware that there were statistics on this.

Do you also have the data broken down by the percentage of enthusiasts that shoot and process RAW in LR / CS versus, say, the percentage of enthusiasts that let the camera do their job?

I would love to see the link where you got that info.

Thanks.

I was just about to post the same question. It seems to me that, as a generalization, the higher spec cameras tend to be purchased by those seeking optimal results. That desire would probably cause many (?) to use RAW for maximum capture and advanced processing to extract the best final result, at least for their more important photo captures.

I think you're being a bit precious, lads. Just look at the paeans of praise for Oly color on this forum. Look at the criticism of Panny color. That's JPEG color, by and large. Why talk about it if you’re not using it?

Ask your local photo store people. Customers buy expensive cameras then go into those stores with the files, get the assistant to run the auto white balance and stuff, and get postcard size prints.

You don’t need stats for everything. That's a statement made at a 95 percentile confidence level using a one way t-test, okay? LOL.

Cheers, geoff

As a psychologist, now you are talking my language Geoff ! Got to love inferential statistics !

Ha,ha. I got the degree as a mature age student but returned to journalism and photography instead of taking the next step and doing the practice stuff. That was probably a good thing for the part of the world population that needs psychological services! 

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow