Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,048Gear list
Like?
Re: An ugly discovery...
In reply to Brad99, Jan 4, 2013

Brad99 wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

I don't tolerate any miscalibration. If the lens is not dead on, I send it back for repair or replacement. i've had to do this with a DA 15, FA 35, DA 18-135 and DA*300. I lived with +9 AF Adjust on the 18-135 for almost a year before I sent it in under warranty. I had to pay to have the FA 35 adjusted because the warranty was expired. I returned the first DA*300 and the replacement was off, so I sent it to Pentax for calibration. As a result, none of my lenses need AF Adjust on my K20D. My K-x doesn't have AF Adjust, so this maintenance is important to me.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Were the lenses any better for this compared to in-cam adjust?

The DA 15 and the first DA*300 were better, because they were too far off to calibrate with AF Adjust. I could have lived with the rest on the K20D, but my K-x was useless with them.

Lots of people have bodies with no AF adjustment. If I ever want to sell a lens, I don't want misfocus to get in the way of the deal.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow