Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SKYMTL
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Going on Vacation; Looking for Landscape / Lower Light Lens for NEX-3
Jan 4, 2013

Been reading this site for what seems like forever and this happens to be my first post.

I have a NEX-3 (original model) with the standard 18-55mm kit lens.  For the most part, I have been happy with the setup but it has been used mostly for product shots rather than much outdoor photography.

We just booked a three week trip to Europe and I was wondering if I should be looking for another lens.  While the 18-55mm works well, I'd love to have a go-to option for low-light and landscape / cityscape shooting. So possibly a wider-angle lense would be in the cards.

I'd prefer if it was compact or at most the size of the current 18-55 and $400 or less.  At this point, I just can't justify spending more than the camera's value for a lens.

Someone had recommended the Sony 16mm pancake (currently on sale for $199) but, while compact, I have my doubts that would make a suitable companion.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow