Your thoughts: Zeiss 135mm or 70-200mm f/4 + 28mm f/1.8?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jay A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
Re: Your thoughts: Zeiss 135mm or 70-200mm f/4 + 28mm f/1.8?
In reply to HSway, Jan 4, 2013

A lot of people complain about the lack of inclusion of the tripod collar and how expensive it is, but one thing to keep in mind is that the VR in the 70-200 F4 is wonderful. Frankly I am not sure I would ever want the tripod collar unless I had some specific need to tripod mount this lens. It is very hand holdable with its VR, size and weight.

Another thing I would like to mention is that every so often I try out a lens and sort of fall in love at first use. This is one of them. I have shot with dozens of zooms over the years and am always somewhat skeptical prior to using them for the first time, but with this one as soon as I saw the first couple of images that it produces, I literally went "wow" this is an incredible lens. I think the last time that happened to me was when I first shot with the 14-24. I can honestly say that the images from the 70-200 actually look sharper than those from the 14-24.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow