Adapter for putting two filters together back to back?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,935
Like?
Re: 67mm macro coupler...
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Jan 4, 2013

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Waterengineer wrote:

Does anyone have a source for a 67mm male to male adapter so I can mount two CPL filters female side to female side?

I see you've already given up on this, but I'll put the link here for anyone else who might be experimenting

67mm macro coupler at B&H

That's a common adapter, although not normally used for this purpose. As you've noticed, it doesn't work that well. You might try a couple of different polarizers, some work better than others.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

What do you think about a linear polarizer and a circular (on the camera side) Joseph?  The circular might cancel the detrimental effects of the linear in digital while reducing any patterning.  Either way I can't really see economic benefits to using polarizers to replace gradient filters.  Seems like a long way to a dead end but it's a curiosity.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow