Do the phone cameras change the demand for real cameras?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
_7D_
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
an iPhone 5 shot
In reply to elfroggio, Jan 4, 2013

elfroggio wrote:

paulbysea wrote:

I disagree, it reflect a general shift what the general public use to take photos. 10 years ago most of the photographs at a car show would have been taken with camera and I suspect SLRs would have been used by a lot of people. Good quality camera phones are changing how society takes photos.

I will have to disagree with you on the quality of camera phones. I do not think that they are any good, except for the smart phone display where they look fantastic. On Facebook they look OK, on a "real" desktop (24" quality screen) the camera phone photos do not look good anymore and when printed they look terrible.

What has changed mostly is the how the photography is consumed with a "huge lot" of tablets and smart phones.

I'm not arguing that phone cameras will replace dSLR or mirrorless cameras, but phone cameras are constantly improving. This was taken with my iPhone 5 (and cropped and processed with iPhoto app directly on the iPhone):

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow