I Feel Like A Traitor

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zephir 750
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: I Feel Like A Traitor
In reply to R. Scott Sherman, Jan 4, 2013

R. Scott Sherman wrote:

I sprung and ordered the Olympus OM-D-EM5. The camera reminds me of my old Minolta XG1 , my real "1st" camera I use to shoot when I was a teen. I shot tons of B&W film and developed it myself. A glorious memory from my youth.

Fast forward to the last 20 years and I've always used Nikons mostly. I'm loyal to Nikon. As far as my digital cams in order my 1st was the Fuji S2Pro, Nikon D70, D200, D300, and the last 4 years the Nikon D700, which I really like. I was getting ready to spring for the D800. I love to shoot landscapes. The problem though is lugging around these great cameras and lenses is like lugging around boat anchors. I recently picked up a Nikon Coolpix 7700 which is great because, yes it is a point and shoot, but it makes you think how to shoot the photograph based on it's technical aspects. But here again, I can just "grab" it quickly.

In the last week I've been doing a lot of reading and watching videos on the Olympus OM-D-EM5. I really like it. Oh how it reminds me of my 1st camera. The sample images I've seen from people using the EM5 are outstanding. I've read where even some have given up on Nikon or Canon to switch to the Micron Four Thirds system.

So here Im getting one. Yet for some reason I feel guilty. Like I've turned my back on Nikon. So does anyone else feel like this?

Scott
www.rscottsherman.com

Dont'you worry, Scott, I'm just about to turn my back to my OM-D E-M5 : after all, a camera is a camera and, especially if one is not happy, I see no reason to stick to it. I simply couldn't cope with a broken bezel and flaking/wearing off  paint.

Regards

Zephir 750's gear list:Zephir 750's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Leica M8.2 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Leica M9-P +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow