OM-D vs. NEX-6

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,076Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D vs. NEX-6
In reply to Corhof, Jan 4, 2013

Corhof wrote:

Like I mentioned above, my wife just wants a camera that works. One she can pick up and snap good pics without much technical knowledge or tinkering with the settings. I think both cameras work well in this regard. I'm confident that either one will suffice although based on available settings and customization, I do think the OM-D is catered more towards enthusiasts and the NEX-6 more towards the average consumer. I know she will complain about the OM-D flash and the minor inconvenience of attaching it when you need a flash, but it's well worth the inconvenience in my opinion.

While I agree you made the right choice choosing the OM-D, I can't help but wonder if either of these cameras will meet your wife's needs.

1) is she willing to change lenses or do you plan on only using the 25/1.4?

2) is she willing to adjust the settings to get the DOF she wants?

My wife has much more ability than I do and had two photos published in national magazines in the early 90s. However, she set aside her photography several year ago to pursue other interests and now only uses a Canon S95. Perhaps you wife would also be happier with a good P&S.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow