Can Macbook air 13" work with sony a77/24mpx raw photo and video?

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Naruto2000
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Can Macbook air 13" work with sony a77/24mpx raw photo and video?
Jan 4, 2013

Sorry for my noob question but i wanna buy a mac and if its is fast and light , i will be happy.

Now i have and use a Sony vaio with intel i5 520m but it is fat (3kg) and big (16,4") so i have some problem to workaround.

I bought 1 year ago a netbook with amd c-60 ,but 2 month ago i changed a700 with a77 (From 12mpx to 24mpx raw) and i bought online a ssd for made it fast.

Now i think that my netbook can't work with my raw when i will install the SSD .

I think to go into Mac world and buy a MAcbook but i see:

1 MBP's display are little bad (I coming from a beautiful and contrasted colors of my vaio)

2 MBPr are too expensive for moment

3 MBA are very slim and light

Now i can wait but i think to buy a MBPr only in the end of 2013 ,so i ask : Can MBA 13" i5 (I will buy with 8GB ram because i think 4Gb are too low) open and work fast with my a77's raw and video ?

Ad example:

In my netbook i can import my raw and read them ,but if i zoom a raw into lightroom , netbook take 10-15sec for rendering it .

I use only lightroom for my photo and rarely photoshop (I work with CS6 only in my pc desktop with i7 3770k)  , while for video i make with notebook only slideshow to move with projector.

Samsung i7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow