Help-E-5 CF&SD card question!

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thomas Kolenich
Senior MemberPosts: 2,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Lexar did it for free.
In reply to erichK, Jan 4, 2013

Eric, this has been an excellent discussion. I just wish it had not happened at a wedding. I am still awaiting my images from Seagate, but the head tech did take vacation over the holidays.

I think that everyone's advise has been well received and I really appreciate that.

Here's what I am doing to solve potential problems. I shoot with the E-5 and D-3. Both have second card reader slots and I will use both. The D-3 can be programed for duplicate recording in each slot. For the E-5, I will use the transfer ( copy) mode and transfer all images to the second drive before removing the first card.

I have done a couple hundred weddings and I always thought: "It would never happen to me".

But it did. In retrospct, I think it was a defective card reader that may have corrupted the card. That item cost $5 and was the weakest link

Thanks all for your input for a great discussion.

Tom Kolenich

www.niceweddingphotos.com

Thomas Kolenich's gear list:Thomas Kolenich's gear list
Nikon D3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow