*Huge* Olympus USA store-wide sale. OM-D Kit for *$754*!

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,629Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone receive their 17/1.8 yet? (Ordering from this sale)
In reply to Optical1, Jan 4, 2013

Sorry, I said that in jest.

I actually have a bit of background in this.  Now that I'm retired, I run a business.  We do something similar when there is going to be a delay in shipping one item, but the remainder of an order is available.  In all probability, what you're seeing is an automated part of their order management system.  What probably happened is that they processed your order, packed what they had, and generated a new order so they didn't forget about you when the last lens becomes available.

The only way you'll actually be able to confirm this is to contact Olympus directly.  They may also be able to give you the "new" order number for just the lens so you are able to check the status online, but that all depends on how they manage their system.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow