My "new" D700

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
fredg8
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Re: My "new" D700
In reply to Dan Goodenow, Jan 4, 2013

Pretty much the same for me.  I looked at the D800E but at the time there was a long wait and costs were over my budget.  I was a D300 user and was very happy with the camera.  Built like a tank!  It served me well traveling all over Asia.  I always looked at the D700 as a D300 with the D3 sensor.  I also wanted to buy some better lenses.  D700 was a better choice for me.  Great AF and better frame rate.  Also pretty much the layout is the same so no learning curve issues with the controls.  I could just move over my battery grip and batteries.  Found one that a semi-pro was selling with low shutter counts and only used for studio work so it was in great shape.  I have been very happy with it.  The D800E is a great camera!  But for me I didn't need the extra megapixels nor the video.  And at the end I got a great camera and some nice f2.8 lenses!

-- hide signature --

Wilfredo Gonzalez

fredg8's gear list:fredg8's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow