ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Random Asian Guy
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Questions for RX1 owners
Jan 4, 2013

Hi,

I am really interested in purchasing a RX1 in the near future and have been reading all the reviews I could find. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with a couple of things that I was curious about. Hopefully you guys can help.

1- Is there any flash that you can put on the hot shoe that can make use of the high sync flash of the RX1? From what I thought, there is a limitation of the Flash unit for sync speed usually 200 or 250, or am I completely wrong?

2-The crop Function, I am really interested in this function, I understand it's just a crop of the 24 megapixel photo and only in jpg. but

- has anyone compared jpg quality from a NEX at the same 35mm, 50mm and 75mm equiv. with their various primes?

-Is it better just to take the picture and full 35mm and crop manually later? I presume you would have more chance of getting your focus spot right using the crop mode.

-In crop mode, can you still use the magnify focus peaking? eg you are using the 75mm crop mode, then magnified focus assist at x7 and x14?

I haven't found one in any shop to test out the crop mode. but curious would it be comparable to a NEX-5R with a 24mm,35mm and 50mm if you didn't need the large file size.

Thanks

Random Asian Guy's gear list:Random Asian Guy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
Leica X1 NEX5R Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow