Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris Malcolm
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
Re: Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.
In reply to BayAreaWZ, Jan 4, 2013

Where to find affordable wedding pro photographers? In the places about to be married couples might look. Such as the web. And last time I visited a marriage registration office I found a huge display board covered with well over a hundred cards from wedding photographers advertising their services at all prices from stunningly expensive to suspiciously cheap. Luckily I was carrying a good camera and was able to snap the whole lot in readable form with one shot. I'll print a large copy for the next person who asks me to do their wedding

Good email explaining why you preferred not to do the wedding by the way. I've turned down two who wanted to pay me for just the same reasons. I'm good at shooting things which don't move, and occasionally manage to snap a surprisingly good unposed portrait. I have one good unposed portrait of a local wedding photographer standing on a ladder almost reduced to tears while he tries to get a large wedding gang to stop chatting, stop running after the children, stop taking photographs of each other, and will someone please go and bring back the wandering Aunt Emily again!

He was trying to get the wedding party group shot. I wanted to get a shot of him taking the group shot. But after five minutes I got fed up and wandered off. He was still alternately pleading and shouting at them from his ladder.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow