Nikon FF Mirrorless for 2013 ? I think so :)

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,814Gear list
Like?
Donald, RX1 Mirrorless FF f2 35mm
In reply to Donald Chin, Jan 4, 2013

Donald Chin wrote:

Just like X100, RX1 is not a camera for everyone, but I've confident it will fit in well with my D4 & D800E.

Aloha Donald,

Great idea , and  suggestion ...  if you choose to shoot with it , I need to look at it closer.

You are shooting with one now?

Do you have a good LINK  with a  discussion on this  RX1 ?

Totally think I could use this as a second body on a paid shoot  ... if I could only trigger my Nikon CLS flashes.   Yes, I could go manual, but sometimes I have them mounted up high and would rather use CLS to control them remotely (even if they are set to manual)

I am way too spoiled with CLS and RadioPoppers PX.

That being said.   a f2 , 35mm FF  is probably all I need for most group shots.  As it is , I am using my 24-70 f2.8  @ 35mm to kill off distortion on the edges.

I could totally work with a good (if not great)  fixed 35mm f2  FF 24mp sensor ... that can also close focus.

My concern:   Low Light AF  .. which is what I do a LOT.  even group shots.

and focus peaking is a good thing .. on the  OK button.  something that would be strange if they cannot correct.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow