Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Entropius
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,175Gear list
Like?
Re: help me to understand the 60mm Macro
In reply to BonoBox, Jan 4, 2013

BonoBox wrote:

thank you for your attention

yes i know the fact that macro is for very close and "magnified" pics (we are talking around 3-10cm distance from the lense) but as mentioned is some reply i can't figure out how is possible that people can use the same macro lens like a portrait lense or evan panorma lens. (i.e. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50571137)

i'm trying now in my apartment with the 12-50mm (macro @ 43mm) and while i can shoot macro without problem i can't take a single picture from distance.

The 12-50mm is funny: when you put it in macro mode, it will *only* focus close, by a special arrangement of the lens elements.

Most "macro" lenses don't work that way. They work like perfectly normal lenses; they just have the capability to focus closer, and when focused closer don't lose optical quality.

The 60mm macro is like this. It is a 60mm lens that can focus at any distance from infinity to "very close", and give sharp images at any distance.

Entropius's gear list:Entropius's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow