To buy Fujifilm X-E1 or wait for upgrade?

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
zephyr2013
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Re: To buy Fujifilm X-E1 or wait for upgrade?
In reply to oldphotog2, Jan 4, 2013

oldphotog2 wrote:

Just sold my Nikkor lens and thinking of buying Fuji's X-E1. Love all the comments about the color, IQ, and high ISO. Also love the APS size censor. But I have reservations about the focusing being slow and poor in low light. However I don't expect to do sports anymore. Also the poor support from Adobe of which I use extensively (Indesign, illustrator, photoshop, and Lightroom). Or should I wait until an upgrade that perhaps will correct these problems? The drag in this is it might be a long wait. I used to use a Leica M4-2 thirty years ago for wide angle so I know what this camera genre is made for.

Comments?

Personally, I will not recommend Fuji XE1 or XPRo to anyone who is not patient to use the camera with all its issues, as well as to get the image right in post-processing (if jpegs are not good enough for you, just like me).  It's easier to use a Leica M4 (great camera, really good build).

That leaves Olympus, Panasonic and Sony for mirrorless ... Sony has the APSC sensor ... Olympus 2x is great for telephotos since they double up ..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow