Yay I got my first DSLR a A57. I unboxed it yesterday! Got a few questions.

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TomoJon
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Yay I got my first DSLR a A57. I unboxed it yesterday! Got a few questions.
Jan 4, 2013

I took someones advice and bought one of those sling backpacks, ended up with a 202, feels real nice. What was the brand? I think it was a lowepro. Anyway it is pretty cool, it barely fits my A57 with the 18-135 lens though, had to remove the middle pockets more or less for it to fit well.

I have only taken a few shots of my friends and such, so I do not have much experience but I will say this. I was photographing a figurine using the zoom lens and compared to my little point and shoot, it was able to take a photo in 1/60th of a second that my point and shoot needed 4 seconds to get the proper exposure on. I was really impressed at the difference and professional feel of the a57 + lens, of course I am no pro.

A couple of problems I have however are these though.

#1 I want a few little bags to store my pretty lenses in if I want to store them! Any suggestions?

#2 The lens cap requires a lot of effort to pinch the things together to re-fasten it onto the camera. I keep getting scared that I will scratch the lens or something. Any tips or know any lens caps I can buy that are easier to use?

#3 The viewfinder is rather hard for me to use with my super thick glasses. I can set it up for nearsighted use right? Not sure if that will help me, but fortunately the lcd seems to be very high quality. glad I bought the A57 over the A37 for this reason alone.

#4 This camera is really exciting, it is almost scary to use though, to me the 18-135 lens is about the heaviest I would want to use on the A57, feels pretty well balanced and solid, although it almost feels like the lens outclasses my camera. Anyone else who owns this set have any tips for me?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow