Would this be a good or bad deal?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
39 Steps
Regular MemberPosts: 346
Like?
Re: Thank you all!
In reply to bloodycape, Jan 4, 2013

bloodycape wrote:

Well it would be a bit to late now as I purchased the A57. I would have rather gone A55 over A33 just for the better performance though. I thought the handling of the A57 would be a bit bulky for for my taste; but, so far that it's nice. Though I do still prefer the compactness of the smaller A series(and G2) more though.

I refrained from buying either an A33 or an A55 because the bodies just did not fit my hands. The A57 a year and a half later feels just right. The only time the black A57 has shut down due to overtemperature in video mode was when it was mounted on a tripod in direct sunlight on an 85-90F degree day for over 17 minutes (twice, same day). If the occasion for outdoor video in direct sunlight on a tripod ever arises again, a hat or an umbrella will be used.

I really cannot imagine bothering with a really small bodied camera of this sensor size or larger without a built in viewfinder, and the EVF is very full featured. I use the tiltable LCD screen only in the shade, indoors, or when a special viewing angle is required.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow