Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 965Gear list
Like?
Finally "found" perfect strap for the X100
Jan 4, 2013

I too spent considerable time looking for the perfect neck strap for my honey. . .er . . .my X100. The one Fujifilm sent with the unit never went on the camera, as soon as I rubbed the strap against my neck, into the wrapper it went. So I started the Mission by coming here to this forum first, thanks to prior posted images and links I started to get an idea what strap I'd be ok with. First the retro distressed leather looked promising, then the round silk one went straight to the top of the list, color selection all that was left. While looking on line I decided that no strap was not ideal, so I looked at all the straps in my possession. D300s and D700 were comfy & soft but wrong brand, Olympus XZ-1 neck area to narrow,  a Nikon lens case became the one, comfy soft poly with very nice stainless steel buckles. Problem was that the metal buckles were causing me concern about scratches to the camera while in bag. Tonight I discovered the PERFECT STRAP ! Actually it's one from my Polaroid Spectra camera, soft comfy velour under the neck area, narrows down width towards black plastic buckles.   Polaroid lettering barely visible on buckles, width is just right on factory triangle buckles, search over. Wallet happy, I'm happy, Mission Accomplished !

-- hide signature --

FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 +11 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D300S Nikon D700 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow