Henry Lozykowski
Contributing MemberPosts: 956
Like?
Re: Lily Close-ups
In reply to aaanouel, Jan 4, 2013

Wonderful shots  Agusto!!!

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrophotography

“Compact digital cameras and small-sensor bridge cameras have an incidental advantage in macro photography due to their inherently deeper depth of field.[12]

It is not “incidental advantage…” it is physics!!!

“In addition to a small sensor powerful zoom camera, two other key pieces of equipment for successful extreme macro photography are needed: an achromatic close-up lens and an electronic flash with a bounce card. Why and how to use them correctly are explained in this article.

Sensor size

Researching macro photography I found that photographers using small sensor cameras with powerful zoom lenses and adding a close-up diopter lens were capturing detail I couldn’t achieve with a digital single lens reflex camera. Cameras with larger sensors are superior in just about every-way compared to small sensor cameras except when it comes to Extreme Macro photography.

Close-up lenses

There are two types of diopter close-up lenses that attach to the front of the camera lens: Single element lens and multi-element lens also known as achromatic close-up lenses.

The single element close-up lenses are not as sharp on the edges. These lenses usually come in sets of 3 or 4 with various diopter strengths. I find achromatic multi-element lenses are the sharpest and do not cost much more.

Researching macro photography I found that photographers using small sensor cameras with powerful zoom lenses and adding a close-up diopter lens were capturing detail I couldn’t achieve with a digital single lens reflex camera. Cameras with larger sensors are superior in just about every-way compared to small sensor cameras except when it comes to Extreme Macro photography.”

http://www.digicamhelp.com/learn/macro-close/extreme-macro-photography/

Cheers

H-L

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow