Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fotofotogger
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
D800 strangeness upon opening it new!
Jan 4, 2013

Wanted to ask if anyone else has ran across this. I opened my new d800 purchased at henrys in canada at xmas and found some weird things:

1) i didn't have to inout the date and time

2) the files exif modified file date had dates of april 2012

3) the settings seemed messed up - couldnt even use my sb600 flash - had to reset unit back to factory defaults and then flash worked fine!

The shutter count was 0.

I was told by the sales guy (same guy i deal with always) that some of the new d800 dont require the date set cause its done at the factory! He qualified the statement by saying that many d800's were getting pulled  off the production line and tested for the left focusing problem. So he says that is why the d800 didnt need the date set, why the modified file dates were april 2012 and why the settings were messed up because the would have had to plug into the hotshoe for testing!

Of course my concern was that this unit was used and returned or refurbed at nikon or something.

I had been told when i bought it that in dec 2011 all the d800 had been pulled from henrys for the left focus issue and got replaced.

My serial number is in the 5009xxx

Just asking if anyone else had this and if u think his answers seem legit???????!

Sorry for the long windedness, but i wanted you to have all the facts.

Thx

fotofotogger's gear list:fotofotogger's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-7
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow