Why does D800 need sharp primes but D7000 works great with kit lens?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re Photography is an art using science...surely?
In reply to Joe Porto, Jan 4, 2013

I am only a humble hobbyist, but in trying to do it, my understanding is that photography is an art..using science.

To see the hairsplitting on technical issues is fairly surprising. I have a book, World Photography, seeing images from Brassai, Henri Cartier Bresson, Manuel Bravo, I dont think there would be much of an issue of kit lenses etc with the images technicalities, based on what is there. It is the idea, subject, moment, composition that makes the image, the science being the means, albeit part and parcel.

I am sure any of those would have made wonderful images with D800 and 70-200VRII, D800 and 18-55VR or 18-105 VR, D3000 and Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AIS, Canon Rebel and a SIGMA 18-50...whatever.

Yes, some of the pros here would require much more nowadays for weddings etc, but that has more to do with logistics and tool for the job than a specific image quality.

No?

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.”

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow