Olympus MySets, do you use them?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
nzpaul
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus MySets, do you use them?
In reply to ernieF, Jan 4, 2013

If Olympus ever do respond to their market (us!) and make MySets easier to select and able to be named, while they are at it could they please add a few more of them?

At the moment the four available is probably enough (like others here I would struggle to recall what i've set where without my own names to prompt me). But if I can give them word names that mean something to me I would use them extensively.

Also the firmware as it works at present is stupidly easy to confuse the action of selecting/engaging a MySet with that of updating/replacing a MySet (and therefore wiping the one you had!).  The word Set appears everywhere and the button pushes are counter-intuitive.  Because of this I've had to assign both MySet 1 and Myset 4 with my standard settings... I can't tell you how many times I have inadvertantly over written the MySet 1 location by mistake and have had to use my MySet 4 to recover it.

Given that they call the function MySet, they should use a word like Select or Engage or Load when you want to call up a previously prepared MySet and something like Update when you are initially loading or modifying a MySet.

Paul

www.paul-hermans.com

nzpaul's gear list:nzpaul's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow