Help-E-5 CF&SD card question!

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
drj3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,240Gear list
Like?
Re: Help-E-5 CF&SD card question!
In reply to MJohns, Jan 3, 2013

Card readers can be faster, but I personally found them to be less reliable.  I do have multiple cards (16GB) CF&SD and simply swap in two new cards when both are full on E5.  I put them back into the camera for transfer of files to the PC.  Never really worry about speed of transfer, since I can start looking at and processing images or run other computer applications while they download.  Since I build my own desktop computers and I do not use cases or motherboards which have card readers I have to hookup an external reader when I need one.  The only times I have used a card reader since I bought the E510 is to recover files from friends cards when they are either corrupted or when the friend accidentally deleted files.  I do have card readers somewhere in a box of computer equipment which I will find if a friend needs help or if one of my cards becomes corrupted.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow