Kodak is almost dead :-(

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
124c41
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: A legacy find
In reply to Bassy, Jan 3, 2013

Bassy wrote:

nice capture ralph so did you ride the motor bike or drive the vauxhall viva back in those days

I certainly drove the Viva, Keith and I did ride the motorbike twice but motorbikes were not to my taste at 41 years of age. It's a Greeves by the way and was my son's. I'm pretty sure it had a Villiers 250cc two-stroke engine.

and i guess the cheeky chaps bike was taken out of the boot,,,maybe a picnic day shot in the summer

The bike was a BSA and belonged to my other daughter and the pic was taken alongside the house with a Zorki II USSR 35mm camera.

its all about having some thing to look back on and i love this shot it reminds me of my younger days and my grandads motor bike and sidecar

I've got plenty to look back on here and I haven't yet finished photographing all the slides for which I use the Sony H2 as the DX7590 won't focus close enough. I have dozens of lengths of black&white film whose prints have mainly gone to the family. I've tried copying a few frames the same way as the slides and doing a neg/pos reversal in IrfanView with great success. When I've finished copying all I will burn a few archival quality DVDs for the family or SD cards to view on either a 'puter or TV.

Seasons wishes to you and Dawn :-).

Ralph.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow