OT: The best news all year

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,504
Like?
Re: Sound like "vaporware" so far
In reply to offroadcmpr, Jan 3, 2013

offroadcmpr wrote:

So just making up numbers, let's say that there are 10 million people currently paying for ESPN, at $5 that would mean ESPN makes $50,000,000 a year. Under the a la carte system there would only be 2.5 million subscribers. For ESPN to continue to have their same revenue then they will have to charge $20 per subscriber.

So you're saying that 7.5 million people are paying hard earned dosh for a service they don't want. I call that outrageous.

I guess ESPN will need to downsize or find a way to expand its market based on the value of the goods and services actually delivered. Just like every other business.

Either that or roll it into PBS so that the ESPN folks can continue to enjoy their current lifestyle on the backs of the taxpayer.

The operation of this market needs to be reinvented, and eventually it will be. Maybe Intel can start that process or maybe someone there is just blowing smoke. In any event, if they're prepared to try, I wish them well!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow