Will the OM-D sensor degrade over time?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Melte
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Will the OM-D sensor degrade over time?
In reply to Melte, Jan 3, 2013

Thank's everybody for your comments, some enlightening, some funny and some ironic...... just as I imagine it should be in the forum.

I agree that the mechanical parts (the shutter ?) of a digital camera are more prone to wear out before the elctronics. I happen to own some radio equipment with very sensitve circuits where signal/noise performance is critical and I experience very little if any degradation over time. The electronic components that are ageeing are mostly electrolytic capacitors, I bet that there are at least a few of these in the camera. By the way, my radio is past 25 years old and working like a charm.

I also own a Canon EOS 650 film camera that works like new after several thousands of actuations. So the general meening seems to be that the camera sensor will not degrade by itself and be perfect over time....

I think that the need for better images with more pixels is now at roads end for me as my printing large prints has almost stopped. Everything I shoot is now displayed on a screen like a full HD TV, a laptop or digital photo frame. By the way, my first camera was a Kodak box camera for film and I have been regularly shooting pictures with all kind of cameras since the age of 12, thats already 60 years and I love it...

Cheers, Erik

Melte's gear list:Melte's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow