Is Panny G5 JPEG color as good as Oly color now, particularly skin tones?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom adjustments for Panny files?
In reply to Philly, Jan 3, 2013

Philly wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

I have had the impression what what I have read that there has been change with each model.

Cheers, geoff

i have G5, GH3 and E-PL5 - the Oly JPEGs are still superior I am afraid - nicer color and better high ISO. But I mostly shoot raw and the Panne colors are fine in Lightroom

Do you have any standard Lightroom adjustments for the Panny raw files, to try to get them to look more like Olympus files?

I just got a G3, and like it quite a bit. I usually process raws in Lightroom also. So far, I just try to get the color balance right in raw. After that, I don't do any other color adjustments. To me, the photos don't look bad after just doing this. But are there other adjustments that may improve it further, for color tonality?

If your primary concern is color style, tonality, etc., you might try the Silkypix raw software that came with your camera.  The interface is quite different from Lightroom, but it offers more options for color styles with just a single click.  I consistently get better colors (colors that I prefer) from Silkypix than from Lightroom. The greens, in particular, come out better.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow