Missing the touch-to-focus on my NEX-6 -- suggestions?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
losangeles
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Missing the touch-to-focus on my NEX-6 -- suggestions?
Jan 3, 2013

I'm really missing the touch-to-focus function on my NEX-6. Of course I could wait for the 7m or whatever it's name will be to have both features as its main selling point, but say I want to keep the otherwise wonderful 6 around for a while, what is the best way to achieve better control over focus points?

I have this problem most when using multi-area autofocus -- often the camera focuses on one object instead of the one I want in focus. Multi-spot would in principle allow me to change the focus point with the arrow buttons on the back (be it far slower than with a touch screen), but I noticed that within Multi-spot I am unable to use the fn button to switch to Manual and DMF focus modes -- rendering the multi-spot unusable for my typical shooting routines. Center focus might be the best option in that I can center it on whatever I want in focus, then move it for framing after. However center mode isn't good for video.

What do you all use? Suggestions very much appreciated!!

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow