Boxing Day stroll in old town (F31)

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,504Gear list
Like?
Re: Boxing Day stroll in old town (F31)
In reply to max metz, Jan 3, 2013

max metz wrote:

SB‚Äč, its not usually my habit to be negative in critique, though a more balanced view has been called for by some and so it is in that spirit I view these frames.

This is lazy photography, you have the experience and knowledge to do better, particularly given the very interesting subject matter. By example, those frames that don't have a blown sky illustrate an eye burdened by one elbow on the contrast button, a vacuum robot armed with a camera could have done better.

From other examples I have seen the f31 is capable of far better than this, even in low light.

Hopefully, annoyance will spur you to credit us with some taste and we'll see some excellent shots coming from your gear - the result a bit of thought and effort. The dialog was interesting.

Hi Max,

Thanks for your comments. It was indeed a leisurely stroll with snaps when a clearing through the continuously passing pedestrians would allow. The street is only about 5m wide and gets easily congested. The light was fast fading in the street while the sky was still relatively bright, hence blown. Not even an EXR could have coped with that (I didn't want to use flash). Your criticism is welcome although it would have been more constructive if it were more specific.

Greetings for the New Year

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow