Nikon D600: Are the "benefits" of this camera really worth it over the Canon 6D?

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
jayelae
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
Re: the only differences that matter for real photographers are two:
In reply to Scorehound, Jan 3, 2013

ak1999 wrote:

I have 270EX, 430EX and 600EX flash units but I sometime carry my 5d3 without flash and find sometimes I want to use a flash for slight shadow fill and eye catchlight.

I also have Quantum X2 flash system for the real serious stuff (those tiny speedlites don't hold any candle against 400W/S flash tube) but I still appreciate having built-in flash.

Reply from Scorehound:

I have a 430EX and 580EXII so for me I always carry my main flash with me when I know I'm going to need it. I've hardly EVER used my pop up flash, so as far as the 6D, or the 5D mkIII is concerned I won't lose any sleep over it being absent.

Reply from Jayelae

I have always used zoom lens (my latest being the 24-70 L F/2.8 II with the 5D3) and as early as my 40D and subsequent 7D periods when I used a 17-55 f/2.8 IS, I always experienced a shadow created by the built in flash whenever my zoom lens was extended a bit on the tele side. So, even if my camera would have a built in flash, I would not or, at most, use it minimally because of this shadow problem.

jayelae's gear list:jayelae's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow