ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 742
Like?
FZ150 KINGFISHER Jpeg
Jan 3, 2013

Hi all

Looking back at my collection of Kingfisher images shot during last year, I came across this one. I must admit that Kingfishers are by far my favourite small feathered subjects of all those available here in the UK.

And, despite the fact that the light levels could have been much kinder on the day I took this particular image, I feel it at least shows a little of what is possible even using higher ISO settings with the FZ150 in Jpeg mode and with my 2.2 X Raynox TC raising the focal length to a massive 1320 mm equivalent. (As stated in the image text, this is also a cropped example).

For what it’s worth, I just happen to like the pose adopted by this particular Kingfisher too and, of course, regardless of a lack of any direct sunlight to brighten things up as I usually prefer. More importantly though, if there’s one thing that the FZ150’s ability to retain good detail at higher ISO’s has taught me, it’s that I no longer need to think about packing away the camera during periods where the light levels would have seen me head for home with any other FZ machine I’ve owned/used previously. I know I’m not the only one who appreciates this particular model’s high ISO capabilities either. In fact, I’d be surprised if there’s any FZ150 owner that hasn’t come to revere his or her choice in this one respect alone.

Simply put, in all honesty – and in an often pleasing fashion – the FZ150 enables me to capture many more images in a wider variety of situations/light levels than I’d ever have contemplated with this type of small sensor camera prior to its 2011 release. For that, I have to thank Panasonic most sincerely for getting things exceptionally right with a model that’s just pure fun and so very convenient to use.

As always, thanks and regards to all forum visitors

Stevie Boy  

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow